Remember the days of starting off your morning with microwavable french toast sticks? Just when you thought these days were over, @ketobydesign makes this nostalgic and delicious recipe that we can't stop eating! Bring back one of your childhood favorites without all of the junk.
What You'll Need:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Wondrose Sugar Alternative hydrated with 1 1/2 tsp water (see package directions)
- 2 Tbsp of almond or coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 drops French Toast flavoring @oooflavors *sub 1 tsp of vanilla if you don’t have flavoring
Brush “toast” with butter or oil of choice and dip in cinnamon sugar mixture (1 tbs cinnamon + 2 Tbsp brown sugar substitute)
- Whisk together all base ingredients in a microwave-safe rectangular dish.
- Microwave mixture in container for 2 minutes - let cool before removing.
- Finish the French toast (as one solid piece) by pan-frying.
- Cut into sticks.
- Mix together cinnamon and brown sugar mixture. Brush Sticks with butter or oil and dip into coating.
- Drizzle with favorite sugar-free syrup.